Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Training Day #10

Tonight was a scheduled cross-train day. If you saw yesterday post, you'll remember I was pretty upset. No, not just upset, pissed off. Really PISSED OFF. So tonight I had planned a relatively boring 40 minutes on the treadmill walking. Not really even noteworthy.

As I was preparing to get changed, my husband encouraged me to layer up and head outside. Now granted, it was 8:20 PM and completely dark, but for January it was 40-some degrees, so I caved and said why not. And seriously, I'm so glad I did. I started off at a brisk pace, wanting to make the most of my walk, and at a few points even jogged! It felt great. The cool temps were perfect, and I came home refreshed. Even more exciting, was the fact that my pace was on point to what I've been posting - BUT I WAS WALKING! Crazy. I'm always amazed at the difference being outside does for me. And while I love my treadmill, it's a total mind game. Being able to SEE how fast (or not so fast) I'm running syncs me out. 

Parting thought for the day - leave the excuses and just get going. Not every run (or walk) is going to be awesome and outstanding, but you never know when it will be either!





No comments:

Post a Comment