Thursday, July 10, 2014

Day 8 - July 10


Time to hit the road again.

Six o'clock, once again, came a little too early today.  After yesterday's rest, I was tempted to just turn the alarm off and catch an extra hour of zzz's. But alas, I didn't. {Full Disclosure though - I did hit the snooze button once.} So after an extra 9 minutes of sleep, I drug my sleep butt out of bed and got ready to head out. After my disastrous day 2 days ago, I opted to follow my normal path, in hopes that subconsciously I would push myself past my furthest run. I didn't quite make it, but got close. 7/10 of a mile! Woo Hoo! And thankfully very little pain in my legs.  

Along the way I did get a chance to observe a little cat and mouse game - literally.  It funny what happens when the rest of the world is sleeping.  The cat ultimately lost his breakfast as he became more aware of me, but it was intriguing to watch, none the less. 

Let me just "AMEN" to that one!
Image courtesy of http://thetinyterror.com.
I ended up taking a shorter path than normal too this morning because a) I was still tired and b) since I left out late, I didn't want to risk being late to work. Cut my total run/walk to only a little over mile. Looking back a few hours, I wish I would have pushed myself to do the other mile, but such is life.  There's always tomorrow. Overall, I arrived home fairly positive, if not a little sleep, but in generally good spirits. And then I promptly curled up in bed with my sweet baby boy {who's now 1, and I'm still having trouble grasping that concept} a cuddled for a few more minutes.

Daily Breakdown
Physically: Better than it's been.  I didn't go as far, but I was a little quicker and felt less discomfort in my legs. I did struggle with my breathing some, and need to try to do a little better job focusing on technique (got any tips on this - please share!) and consistency.

Emotionally: Other than being tired, I'd say today was a pretty good day!  I wish I had been able to keep going another 1/10 of a mile, but feeling a little more confident in my ability to do this. I'm definitely coming off my initial excited high that I have when I start a project.  The reality that running and getting to the point where I can actually do a 5K, is going to a very long journey.

Distance: 1.15 miles. Ran .69 mile and walked .46 mile 

No comments:

Post a Comment