Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Day 7 - July 9

"And on the 7th day God rested." Genesis 2:2-3

After a few days of running, I could tell I was mentally and physically in need of a break.  After consulting with some friends and my husband, we agreed that taking at least 1 day off a week would probably be a good idea.  So I slept in and I must say - throughly enjoyed it.  {I can already tell tomorrow morning isn't going to be as much fun.}

Throughout the day I did a little stretching here and there, but in general I just relaxed. And it was awesome.  Seriously, relaxing is what I want to do {did do, and honestly would do all the time} if it weren't for this pesky thing I did - making a commitment to get healthy.  

And yesterday happened to be my baby's 1st birthday, so good reason to relax I think. :-) Now if only getting started tomorrow would be just as easy.  ::sigh::

Daily Breakdown
Physically: Easiest day so far! But seriously, I was still dealing with some residual pain in my lower legs and ankles, so I did make an effort to walk around at work and stretch them out. Otherwise though, I just relaxed.

Emotionally: Not as good as I thought I'd be.  The extra hour of sleep was wonderful. But all day I have found my thoughts going back to my runs. I swing drastically from being really proud of the progress I've made to being really down about the set backs I experienced.  It's a bit odd.

Distance: 0 miles. 




No comments:

Post a Comment